April 2019 Stats:
Sales to active listings = 15% for April 2019 keeping Whistler in a balanced market.
Breaking that down into property types: Detached homes = 7%, Condos = 15%, and Townhomes = 22%.
- **This ratio is calculating the monthly sales compared to the total # of listings, basically if there were no other listings how long would it take for the listings to run out.
- Referencing this statistic: <12% is a buyers market and puts downward pressure on price, between 12%-20% is a balanced market with no pressure on price, >20% is a sellers market with upward pressure on price.
HPI Benchmark Price:
- Detached: April 2019 = $1.7M, that’s $33k less than April 2018.
- Townhomes: April 2019 = $886k, that’s $42k less than April 2018.
- Condos: April 2019 = $531k, that’s $65k less than April 2018.
In the last 30 days 86% of properties sold for under the list price, 5% sold over asking and 9% sold at list price.
Average days on the market for April increased to 72.